3 Easy Steps
What is your plan in a disaster? Take these 3 easy steps to make a simple plan that will help you and your family take control during an emergency.
- Hold a family meeting and develop an emergency plan.
- Draw a floor plan of your home and mark escape routes from each room.
- Learn how and when to turn off utilities such as water, gas, or electric at the main switches.
Emergency Plan Considerations
- Household Plans: Your family may not be together when disaster strikes so it is important to plan in advance.
- Home Safety and Shelter in Place: During a disaster, everyday objects in your home can cause injury or damage.
- Children: Make sure your children know how to contact you and know what to do in different situations.
- Pets: Plan in advance for shelter alternative that will work for both you and your pets.
- Seniors and Disabled: Each person's needs and abilities are unique, but every individual can take important steps to prepare for all hazards and put plans in place.
- Utilities: During an emergency, it may become necessary to turn off the utilities at your home or business.