The City Council has created a Citrus Heights Education Committee (CHEC) for the purpose of examining the feasibility of creating a new Citrus Heights school district. Applications for appointment are now available.
The CHEC is comprised of seven (7) members as follows: one (1) appointee by each Councilmember (does not need to reside in their Council District), and two (2) at-large committee members.
- Analyze schools within the city boundaries of Citrus Heights inclusive of test scores, attendance records, athletic and extracurricular school activity opportunities and participation levels, and capacity at Citrus Heights schools versus actual enrollment
- Research the steps and process of becoming a school district
- Provide examples of other similar school district formations (in-process or recent action)
- Assess the capability of the City to create a school district
- Assess the budgetary needs and available resources to pursue school district formation
- Report Progress
It is anticipated that the CHEC will be conducting its Work Program primarily between July and October 2023. The CHEC will develop a meeting schedule; some or all of the meetings will be held on weeknight evenings.
How to Apply:
- Applications are due Friday, June 9, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
- Complete the (link to fillable pdf) application.
- Submit your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org, OR deliver your application to Amy Van, City Clerk at Citrus Heights City Hall, 6360 Fountain Square Drive, Citrus Heights, CA 95621.
Applications will be forwarded to the City Council for review and formal appointments will be made at the June 22, 2023 City Council meeting.
For more information, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 916-727-4704 or email@example.com.