The city's purchasing policy governs all purchases made by city staff. Purchasing decisions are based on the “best value” to the city. “Best value” is determined by including all factors, including, but not limited to the following:
- The ability, capacity, and skill of the contractor to perform the contract or provide the supplies, services, or equipment required;
- The ability of the contractor to provide the supplies, services, or equipment promptly or within the time specified without delay or interference;
- The character, integrity, reputation, judgment, experience, and efficiency of the contractor;
- The quality of the contractor's performance on previous purchases or contracts with the city; and
- The ability of the contractor to provide future maintenance, repair, parts, and services for the use of the supplies purchased.